Tile in Batavia, IL
Batavia is a city of about 27,000 people located in the suburbs of Chicago. It was once known as, "The Windmill City," for being the largest windmill producer in the latter part of the 19th century. More recently, it's been named as one of the 50 best places to raise kids, ranked #56 on CNN Money's best small towns, voted as one of the Top 100 Places to live and designated as a Bike Friendly Community.
Winters here in northern Illinois can be rough. Snow, ice, and blustery winds are commonplace each winter season. If your family tracks salt and ice melt into your home, this can ruin certain areas of your flooring given enough time. Is it time possibly for repairs or even replacement flooring? Over two decades of experience has taught us what works and what doesn't with tile.
Interesting information about tile
- Ceramic styles are finished with a durable glaze, while porcelain is made from a dust-pressed method. Glazed porcelain tiles are fantastic for all sorts of foot traffic because of their density and lower water absorption rate.
- Neither ceramic nor porcelain crack under usual wear and tear.
- It is possible to install warming coils underneath most ceramic or porcelain flooring.
- No need to add a sealer on glazed ceramic tiles as they're already stain-proof.
- Lemon juice can be used to clean this flooring, which will give it a fresh, clean, sparkling appearance.
There are many benefits to this type of flooring
- They're easy to care for and maintain
- Spills are easily cleaned up
- They're moisture resistant
- Installation is not complex
- No special cleaning solutions are needed for vinyl or ceramic tiles
- They're resistant to staining
- Damaged tiles can be replaced fairly easily
Contact us for more information
If you're currently looking to repair or replace your tile flooring, please call us. We can help. We're Universal Carpet, Inc.