The Best Hardwood Floor Refinishing Resurfacing Experts in Bloomingdale
The village of Bloomingdale, Illinois is located in DuPage county with a population of approximately 22,000. Incorporated in 1889, the village is home to a number of older to newer residential properties, some of which are being renovated. Hardwood flooring in older homes get scratched, scuffed and loses its' glossy, shiny finish over time. Refinishing your wood floors helps freshen up your home and is a more cost efficient solution. We here at Universal Carpets cater to all of your flooring requirements in Bloomingdale. Our belief is to provide the best solutions to our esteemed customers.
What are my options with hardwood refinishing?
- Adding a new top coat. When you have had hardwood flooring for years, it tends to fade a bit in places where the usage has been the heaviest. The top coat normally acts as the protective surface for the floor. When there is heavy foot traffic on your wood floor, the top coat becomes uneven in those places.
Our refinishing experts will buffs out the hardwood floor to flatten out any scratches and scruffs that the floor has received over time. The job is finished up with a final clear protective top coat bringing your floors back to life.
- Sanding and finishing. In this process, the hardwood refinishing expert will sand your existing wood flooring to remove the top coat and strip it down to the wood. Then two or more protective finishing top coats are applied to make your floor look new. This method is only recommended for thicker hardwood floors.
Hardwood Floor Refinishing Steps
- During the initial inspection, , our experts will inspect the the area that you need to get resurfaced. Measurements of the surface are taken in order to provide you with complete and accurate pricing for the job. Once the proposal is approved, we will work with you to schedule a time for refinishing.
- Sanding or Buffing Once the job is scheduled we will arrive on site to prepare your wood floor by sanding or buffing it down.
- The final step is to apply a new protective coat. Drying times vary depending on the type of coating used.
If you are looking for reliable floor refinishing service providers and want to avoid any extra hassle or over-priced services, opt for Universal Carpets to give your Bloomingdale home a whole new look.