Barrington, Illinois is a beautiful suburban town located near Chicago. Many Barrington homeowners may not want to completely replace their hardwood flooring when renovating their homes. Universal Carpet offers wood floor refinishing to homeowners who want to restore their existing floors or renovate on a budget.
- Resurfacing or refinishing hardwood flooring is basically done to revive an older flooring job that was done long ago. Rooms that are under a lot of usage usually have a scruffy and faded floor. In that case you can go with this option to avoid changing the entire flooring.
- This method works best for superficial to slightly deeper scratches and imperfections in the floor. Resurfacing the floor will simply cover it all up and make it look as good as new.
- You need to call a flooring expert in this case and have them look at the area that you need to get renewed.
- An initial survey and detailed look at the floor will give the flooring expert an idea of how much material, labor and time will be required in the job. This streamlines all the next steps.
- The flooring expert will now be able to quote a price to you. This way you will be able to judge how it relates to the budget that you have in mind for this particular job.
- The job that needs to be done is quite easily messed up if not done the right way so it is highly recommended that you hire an expert.
- DIY projects in these cases can ruin your precious flooring especially if you have no past experience with similar projects.
If you have any questions about floor refinishing of your Barrington home, or would like to setup an appointment, please give us a call, or contact us online. We look forward to refinishing your floors and bringing them back to pristine condition!